Saturday, February 11, 2006

Original is good?


I sent the very first scarf I made to dear Seonag. It was made with a yarn called Squiggle, (see brim to left for an idea of what squiggle looks like) as well as a yarn called Cork.

I told S. it was wild, and as an added touch I tied in two glass heart beads in the bottom fringe. I don't really expect her to wear it, not to church at least (-: When my knitting improves, if I live long enough, and if I get the baby blanket I started for one RJH, before said child marries, then I shall perhaps make S a proper scarf. I figure since S is a accomplished Hebridean lassie, who has knitted for donkey's years, that she can always make herself a "proper" scarf, but only her dear China would send her a wild and funky one...

Note to S herself, aren't ya glad, looking at above picture, I didn't choose this hat instead? They say be careful what ya wish for, and you said it could be WILD! You don't have to wear the thing, just look at it and know that it was knitted with love by your dear friend from the states, now you see why I couldnae get a Scot to marry me? (that said, the yarn your scarf is made from is a Sassenach company (Non-gaels, read "English") which explains a lot, especially the lack of Presbyterian influence down south.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could turn Beka's blanket into a scarf. I'm sure she would be thankful and you could feel less guilty making wild hats, or scarfs if you prefer.
Love ya.

girlfriday said...

I don't know. I think said hat is pretty natty.

Missed you yesterday.

K

Anonymous said...

I would wear the hat! What's wrong with it? It has style! Original is better than good! It's awesome!! :) :)
L

a son's mom said...

I love that hat!