Monday, July 31, 2006

Odds and Ends...


Apologies for taking so long to update the blog. The health struggles continued much of the interim but thanks be to God, are seeming to show improvement, which I pray is not temporary. I also pray that if it is temporary that the Lord will uphold my spirit in the process.

This evening I enjoyed listening to an MP3 file from Sermonaudio preached by Robert Godfrey on the so called "Reforming Queen" Jeanne D'Albret. I found it encouraging, perhaps you might as well. It can be found at
http://tinyurl.com/he8eo

Trying to learn a bit more about J.Gresham Machen I note this.....Sometimes I find the simply put sentence about a spiritual reality to be the most profound. J.Gresham Machen's last known sentence on Jan 1st 1937, dying at the age of 56, he sent by telegram to his good friend and colleague at Westminster Seminary, John Murry, the following...

"I'm so thankful for the active obedience of Christ. No hope without it."

I could write that quote every day on this blog and be quite content that there is nothing more to say. Goodnight, will write soon Lord willing.

2 comments:

Susan a.k.a Lucy said...

Hey Laura,
Nope don't mind lurkers and strangers posting at all, as long as it isn't spam.

I've read your comments on H.C's blog so I don't consider you a total stranger. Yes comforting words indeed.

Regarding learning more of Machen, I only wish my "to read" list were not as long as it is, Machen and otherwise. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the number of books I'd like to get read vs the no. I have actually read. Anyway, thanks for reading and posting. Susan

a son's mom said...

Hi Susan,
I've been reading every blog, but would you believe I forgot my password for this thing! Now that I've regained my memory, HI!
Your blogs are refreshing and thought provoking.
Keep us posted on the little one's progress. I'm so excited for you. Do you remember, I babysat your sweet baby a few times, way back in the day.