Saturday, March 18, 2006

Prayer appreciated...



Saw the Doctor this week. He ordered blood tests. Several things are out of the normal range and indicate anemia. I also have high platelet levels although they could be the result of blood loss. The Dr. wants me to see another doctor but the one's I'd heard good things about are weeks of waiting for appointments.

Please pray that God would lead me to a kind and wise doctor who will be an advocate for good health while not being over zealous in invasive testing or removing bodily organs. If the latter has to occur please pray that DH and I will know it and have peace over any decisions.

I am increasingly weary and at times afraid. I have had those kind of tears of the last three days which come from sheer exhaustion, teetering on despair and leaving no refreshment in their wake. I do praise God for the kindness and patience and help me dear husband has been to me through this. He is a strong support. I pray that God will repay him. (I also praise God for the easiest blood drawing I have ever had, which went in with nary a pinch and left no bruise)

I have also been turning over in my mind and praying about the admonition to call the elders to pray. I feel self conscious about such a thing, as if
surely this mortifying women's problem is not sufficient to take up their time, but the longer I think on it, the more I feel that I need to obey the admonition of scripture in this matter and leave the outworkings of it to the elders and God. I have one elder here of course but he notes that it is plural, so we shall see who is available and go from there.

And then there is this story below...Which appears in 3 different locations in the NT.( Mark 5:25-34; Matt 9:18-26; Luke 8:40-56)It has never been my favorite of the healing accounts, but it surely is often in my mind now, both in her suffering and in her experience with her physicians. I know that in various low times in my life, particular accounts of healing in scripture have taken ahold of my heart/soul in a truly affecting way. As great as my current need of physical healing feels, I know that the health of my soul is what will sustain me in these times and the days ahead. I also know that it is in these pressing times I repent sorely of wasted hours wherein I could have been seeking my souls good. All I can do now is of course, with God's help, beseech the spirit to quicken me so that I improve what time I have yet. I know that God has always been merciful to me despite my failings and sins but I do not want to sinfully presume, so I hope and pray.


25And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,

26And had suffered many things of many ph ysicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

27When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

29And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

30And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

31And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

32And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

33But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.

34And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

mt 5:25-34 KJV

2 comments:

a son's mom said...

You are absolutely in my prayers. Please keep us posted!
I understand the small blessing of having a good person draw the blood. I wish my husband had such a good person, they can't seem to find his veins these days. Ouch.
Take care, things will get better, they will. Prayers and cyber-hugs.
LC

girlfriday said...

My mind fills up with all these potentially comforting things to say, probably most of them trite.

All I know, when the clouds clear, is Jesus is upholding us. And in spite of my protestations, He is doing it alone. Blessed.

He's got you!